Jason tells the story of how he got his first job almost by chance, and how he pivoted from in-game assets to concept art.We talk about the importance of finding your own voice as an artist and also believing in yourself and your worth.
- You’ll never be completely ready | Gamification Expert Rob Alvarez
- Be the best version of you | Freelance concept artist Jason Pickthall
- Excellence requires teamwork | Mike Rutter director at The Digi Monsters
- You have to be a leader | Jess Bolden coach and analyst
- Nobody’s going to just give you the answer | Gabriel Langlois Lead Designer
Seems like a no-brainer for anyone interested in making games
Have you already seen @amyjokim 's free #GameThinking mini-course? If not, what are you waiting for! Find it here: https://t.co/fbyRStDZHC
Looking forward to meeting you on the inside.
Game & Screenwriter Morten Brunbjerg
• Using Excell to write video game stories
• The advantage of getting a mentor
• How game stories differ from regular… https://t.co/BrzVE2po5X
Had a really good conversation with @darylbaxter yesterday focused on writing about games, freelancing and why on you'd start a podcast :-)
Look forward to that episode next week!
If you're scared to speak up... it's usually a sign that you should.
The games media is far worse without Variety Gaming. Corporate consolidation strikes again.
To the excellent journalists affected, I would love to put your work on VGC:
Andy dot Robinson at https://t.co/NbRvDsohs6
- character artist
- concept artist
- content lead
- design director
- game design
- games user researcher
- product manager
- social media